Cultivating Positivity In Your Team | Business Intelligence For Private Practice
A positive attitude is perhaps the best thing you can cultivate within your practice to not only improve your office’s atmosphere, but create a stellar patient experience every single time. However, positivity is not something that will happen automatically, nor will it happen overnight.
How do you cultivate positivity into your practice?
- Start Off Positive. Start your day by writing down five things you are grateful for. It may be the same five things each day, or you can change it each day. The point here is that you are taking time to mentally think through the things that you are thankful for. Slowing down and being mindful of these things is so important, especially in our fast-paced lives.
- Express Gratitude To Others. Find ways to thank others and verbalize gratitude to them. Make it a point to thank people in your life for the little and big things they do. Your patients will notice that you are grateful and respectful to your staff, and they will respect you more for it.
- Look For Silver Linings. One of our favorite movies is Silver Linings Playbook and from that movie, we’ve adopted the habit of looking for silver linings in all situations. Yes, bad situations and bad days happen, but there is always something good you can find. There’s always something you can learn from bad days.
- View Difficulties As An Opportunity. You have a great team behind you, and when you face difficulties, include the insight of your team as an opportunity to solve a problem. That problem doesn’t have to always be a problem, and by seeing what you can learn from it the first time around, you can avoid these challenges in the future.
- Take Ten Minutes For Mindfulness. Finding space in your day to be mindful of your emotions, be thankful, and recognize what is happening in the day is a great way to reset yourself. We live in very busy lives, and most practices run at very fast paces. Breaks are important and can be vital to helping you maintain a positive outlook on life.
Positivity Starts With You.
As the practice owner, you set the tone for the entire practice. You need to project the positivity that you want to be prominent in your team. Your team will follow your lead, and your patients will follow your team’s lead. If you’re reading this and you’re not the team leader in your group, know that positivity starts with you too. You can become a leader simply by projecting positivity into your environment. Ultimately, no one can make positivity happen in your life for you; YOU have to choose to make it a priority in your life.
Cultivating positivity is so important within your practice, but these tips are applicable in any aspect of your life. You can cultivate positivity in your friendships, your home, your marriage, or even just your interaction with the next store clerk you encounter. Positivity can do wonders. We’ve seen it turn practices around from failing to excelling beyond all belief.